8.8.21

'You can't swim in the same river twice'

 

'You can't swim in the same river twice', said Heraclitus...

Change is like water: it flows continously and I recognize I love and I need change..., but I know it has its own rules, its own ghosts...

I've done a lot of things in my life. Now, the course of the years had produced a strong and continous dematerialization in my work with implications that affects both spirituality and relations with material world. Thus, when I look my old works, I have trouble to recognize them as mine.

Now, I consider music as the most abstract of the arts. Music allows me to explore, new feelings and new ways of self-expression. But I've a problem: I'm not a musician and for this reason I'm fighting against my own technical limitations, ambiental noise and distractions. I mean, against my own ghosts...

Within this context was born the work 'men at a crossroads' and this is the context where I have known the work of Sedje Hémon, a wonderful artist whose life, dedication and work breaks down all the barriers, all borders.

The Sedje Hémon Foundation has selected the video work Halmoni in Heterotopia (2020) from Minsun Kim (first price) and my work 'men at the crossroads' (second price) in the Open Call 2021. I'm truly honored for it and I would like express my gratitude for it.

http://sedjehemon.org/open-call-2021/